Thursday, December 4, 2008

Being "Real"

Being "Real" is not easy, but it is a LOT easier than the contrary. Keeping up facades, putting on a "face," ---it just seems like a great deal of energy and effort. So I choose to be ME in everything that I do, and I encourage my staff, Our Staff, to be themselves. The "Real" you is what makes you special. Just Do It and don't stress over what others think about the "Real" YOU. Unless you're harming yourself or others, then DO IT. If others don't support you---then you may need to consider if you need those OTHERS around you.

Several of my hardest working, most loyal and dedicated staff have told me that they knew TBC was the place that they wanted to work when the CEO conducted their interview with NO SHOES ON. I really didn't think about it at the time....I just feel at home when I'm at work. When I feel at home, and my feet ache, I take off my shoes. It's the "Real" me . A little TOO real you say? An REBT Theorist would ask you, "What exactly is TOO real??"

So, Dr. Wright, keep wearing your house slippers around the office.

Elana Winfrey, MEd, LPC
Program Director/ CEO