Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Staff Spotlight December 2008

THE BRIDGES CENTER PROUDLY PRESENTS:



Linda Branch
TEAM LEADER/ THERAPIST

The CEO of The Bridges Center, Mrs. Elana Winfrey , sat down with Ms. Branch for a good old family chat and here is what was said:

Mrs. Winfrey: What do you like most about your job?
Linda: There are many things that I enjoy; however, at the top of the list are that I enjoy working with the kids, and appreciate the fact that I have a good team of people to work with.

Mrs. Winfrey: What schools did you attend?
Linda: Tompkins Cortland Community College - Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts - Social Science Binghamton University - Bachelor's Degree - Psychology Major Cambridge College/Elmira College - Master's Degree - Mental Health Counseling Walden University - Ph.D. - Currently in school - Health Psychology.

Mrs. Winfrey: Who are your role models?
Linda: God and His Son. I walk a Christian walk in an effort to be like Christ! Everyone in my family! I have 2 sisters that are amazing (one is a lawyer and jewelry designer and the other a substance abuse counselor, singer, as well as minister). My dad (professor/sociologist) is a genius, and my mom (musician) is a great spiritual guide and source of strength. They are all people I look up to. My kids and nephews remind me to always have fun and remind me daily that “It's not that serious!” I have a close-knit family that I wouldn't trade for anything! I'm blessed.

In the Bridges Center I would have to give Angela Rozier props - she really set me up and on my way. She has a lot of knowledge and is a great source of guidance and information. Mr. Dunn also got me very excited to work here. I appreciate his passion. He's always there to provide good advice and remind me to handle my business, but to take care of myself!

Mrs. Winfrey: What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
Linda: Having my 2 kids. God blessed me...and they love and LIKE each other, too! My greatest accomplishment truly is being blessed with my kids. I know I'm doing a good job when my 14 year old kisses me on the cheek and tells me he loves me daily, and when my 9 year old sits on my lap and hugs me and tells me she loves me, too.

Mrs. Winfrey: Do you have any children?
Linda: Yes. Hannah is 9, and Isaiah is 14.

Mrs. Winfrey: What is unique about Linda?
Linda: I don't know how unique this is, but: I enjoy writing and composing music, I play cello and piano, and enjoy dancing and singing (dancing and singing in the privacy of my own home-of course!) I love eating Lucky Charms at night, and still enjoy watching Good Times, Three's Company and The Jefferson’s!